Piggy-backing off of yesterday’s blog regarding Pharmaceutical Negligence, this blog will explain compensation that is available for Pharmaceutical Negligence claims.
Injuries caused by pharmaceutical negligence are not only painful and frightening, but also can be expensive to treat. Thankfully, injured parties who can prove pharmaceutical negligence can collect compensation for their losses. Liable parties could include:
- A pharmacist who filled a prescription with the wrong type of medication or an incorrect dosage;
- A pharmacist who gave inaccurate medical advice during distribution;
- A pharmacist who attached the wrong prescription label to a bottle of medication;
- A pharmacist who failed to explain possible side effects to patients;
- A pharmacist who failed to recognize that a patient suffers from an allergy to certain medications; and
- A pharmacist who failed to record a patient’s current medications and drug history.
Those who are able to prove the negligence of pharmacies may be able to collect some or all of the following damages:
- Past and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Loss of future income.
- Property damage.
- Pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress.
- Physical impairment.
North Carolina Pharmaceutical Negligence Attorneys
Injuries from pharmaceutical negligence are often very expensive to treat, and can lead to numerous medical bills for the patient. This makes it very important for the injured party to seek compensation from the pharmacy or pharmacist who is responsible.
If you or a loved one have become sick due to the negligence of a pharmacy or pharmacist, contacting an experienced attorney is of utmost importance. You and your family shouldn’t have to go through this situation alone, and should have an experienced attorney by your side.
Maginnis Howard’s lead personal injury attorney, T. Shawn Howard, is prepared to represent the interest of people who have been injured due to the negligence of a specific pharmacy & pharmacist. You can contact our attorneys by phone (919.526.0405) or by email (info@MaginnisHoward.com).